Students – Joining a Presentation
Oktopus, in conjunction with the free Qwizdom Notes+ App, allows users to join live presentations and collaborate in real-time. This all-in-one solution enables screen mirroring, presentation capture, and polling. Users can add media, share annotations, take notes, answer questions, and review content post session.
In addition, Notes+ can be used as a scratch pad or note taking application. Quickly organize thoughts and illustrate concepts using media capture, shape, text, and drawing tools.
The Qwizdom Notes+ App is available from the Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Windows Store.
- Drawing, Text, & Shape Tools
- Note Taking
- Polling Tools
- Lesson Saving
- Annotation Sharing
- Local Network Communication
- Available in 40+ Languages
Once opened, the Notes+ app will look similar to the following image. Inthis mode, Notes+ can be used as a scratch pad or note taking application.
The area on the right hand side contains tabs for making notes, viewing slides, and answering questions posed by the presenter.
Joining a presentation:
Using the Notes+ app:
- Open the Notes+ app on the device
- Press Fileand then press Find Session
- A list of available sessions will appear.
- Tap the session you wish to join.
Note: If the session does not appear, network discovery may not be available. In this scenario, press File > Join Session. Enter the IP address supplied to you by the presenter. The port number should be left as 8081 when using the Notes+ app.
Using a web browser:
- Open a web browser
- Enter the IP address supplied by the presenter, followed by port 8080. For example, if the presenter’s IP address was 192.168.1.10, in the URL bar, you would type http://192.168.1.10:8080
- Press the return/enter key or click the “Go” button beside the URL bar.
Note: The browser version does not contain the same feature set as the app, such as saving and adding notes.
The app or browser will now attempt to connect to the presenter’s live session. If the presentation was live before the app connects and the presenter has already annotated or navigated through slides, all previous actions are sent to the app to ensure that the participant receives the entire presentation thus far.