Software Update – 4.6.0
We’ve got loads to talk about with our latest release.
A brand new application, OKTOPUS GameZones has been added to OKTOPUS as a free upgrade. GameZones is a quadrant educational games app supporting 1-4 players, designed for touchscreens. Zones include Social Studies, Language Arts, Math, and Science. It also includes Teacher Tools to support front-of-class teaching. You can read more about GameZones at https://qwizdomoktopus.com/gamezones/
Also part of the 4.6.0 release is a brand new Launcher, which is designed to provide quick shortcuts to collaboration, lesson content options, and the new GameZones application.
For our new users we’ve also included tutorial walkthroughs to help you learn more about OKTOPUS as you start using it.
As promised, we’ve also brought back Glass Mode and we’ve kept the new Simple Glass Mode. You can choose the best option for you.
We often find OKTOPUS going places we’ve never been before, which is why we’ve added Catalonian as a new language option.
As usual, there are lots of other great improvements and important bug fixes, please read more to find out OR download right now from https://qwizdomoktopus.com/downloads
- Introducing “GameZones”, a quadrant educational games app, designed for touchscreens. Zones include Social Studies, Language Arts, Math, and Science. Also includes Teacher Tools to support front-of-class teaching. GameZones supports 1 to 4 players. English language only.
- A new Launcher. The launcher provides quick start options to collaboration, lesson content options, and the new GameZones application. Also includes tutorial walkthroughs. English language only.
- A new implementation of Glass Mode to help support fast pen usage when a background is applied, but also supports Glass Mode. Pen performance in Glass Mode may vary depending on your system specification.
- Support for Catalan language
- New walkthrough when joining a collaboration session
- UI Improvement – Toolset / Slide / Backgrounds buttons are now easier to distinguish
- UI Improvement – Menu option behaviour improvements
- UI Improvement – Various 4K scaling improvements
- Smart Notebook Import – Added support for superscript and subscript
- Slides can now be moved in slide view by clicking / tapping and then dragging to a new position
- Improvements to Simple Glass Mode
- Shapes now support a transparent value of “0” to support full transparency
- OKTOPUS will now remember the last-used font and font properties when it is reopened
- Number Grid tool now has 11x and 12x multiples
- Webcam tool will now dynamically resize when a new input source is selected, to allow better support for older visualizers
- Smart Notebook Import – Importing a new file will now remove the previous lesson slides
- Smart Notebook Import – Unknown backgrounds will now appear as a white background, not as a black background
- Clicking an image weblink will no longer result in the cursor “sticking” to the button
- Using the Magnifying Glass tool or the Torch tool after using the eraser will now deselect the eraser tool
- Improvements for “Touch to Type”
- The crosshair icon will no longer appear in screen captures
- Generating an empty 3D pie chart will no longer cause a crash
- Clicking the QTP will now always open on the first click
- Window Shade will now save as part of the slide / lesson
- Drawing a textbox over the top of an object will no longer move the object
- Clicking the sidebar will no longer select the object behind it
- OKTOPUS will no longer fail to save a lesson after copying and pasting an image